Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

shut up

0 comments
 
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by people who either have school-age children or are actually teachers, but this time of year, it feels like the whole world is going back to school. And you know what that makes me want to do?

Go back-to-school-shopping. And get a haircut.

Because basically, I want to start fresh, too. Because there's something pretty great about having an opportunity to reinvent yourself every September. And this September, I want to go higher (waisted) shorter (hair) and darker (clothes). I'm loving the burgundy everything, the peter pan collars popping up, the heavy frames. 

And suddenly, I hate all of my clothes.

I know it shouldn't be like this -- I get that. You can update your wardrobe, be happy with your classic pieces*, et cetera et cetera. Hate is not the answer! But it might be a little easier to deal with things if I pick up a couple of fun additions on eBay. We'll see.


*This reminds me of Paul Rudnick's great Shouts and Murmurs column in this week's NYer. It's called "Test you Fashion I.Q." This part in particular:

"14. What is the difference between a basic and a classic?
(a) Shut up."

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff