Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

kitchen progress

0 comments
 
Here's a shot of part of our kitchen I took this morning, right before breakfast:
no we did not have ice cream for breakfast
This, my friends, has been quite a work in progress. But we've already come so far! When we first moved in, we only had the sink portion. No countertops, no cabinet doors, and definitely no dishwasher. Yesterday I came home from work and voila! suddenly there were doors, but we're still missing the middle one so you can sort of get an idea what what the past month or so has looked like. I felt like I should let you know how we're doing.

Here's breakdown of this image:

The cabinets are midcentury Youngstown steel cabinets, that RJ found --say it with me-- on Craigslist. As soon as we saw these babies, we ran to the truck and peeled out in their direction. Well, not quite. But we really, really wanted them. Why? Because they are awesome.

RJ was so psyched about the new cabinets he put a frilly apron on

See? Awesome and totally our style. We sanded them down (more sanding !! yay !!) and then RJ repainted them a kind of off white that we used in pretty much every other paintable spot in the house. The front of the dishwasher is next, because that bright white is considered a crime in that kitchen.

Tonight the upper cabinets are making their maiden (and hopefully final) voyage to their final resting place on the wall. I'm sort of nervous about having them -- we haven't had upper cabinets in so long!

Additionally, in the far left: our fancy-schancy espresso machine. Probably the only plus of no longer having a bookstore in town is that we are the proud owner of its entire coffee shop. But that's a plan for another day. Until we open Maxwell's House (get it? ha uhhh so bad), that machine is mine. But first we need to get it working. Although I worked in a coffee shop for most of college, I am not terribly familiar with the innards of  that incredibly complex machine. RJ will figure it out, but first we have a couple of other things ahead of us (like doors and windows and siding...oh my!)

Until next time, this has been Grange Kitchen Progress.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff