If there were ever a month that I would vote off the proverbial island, it would be March. Because it's gross. The snow's not quiiiite gone, everything is half muddy and covered in the grit and sand from the snow plows, nothing is green yet and everything just seems to be a variation of brownish grey. Even the skies have been grey! It's depressing. And to top it all off, it's not cold enough to still be snowy winter, but it's far from being warm enough to wear anything spring-y -- I'm still wearing my down jacket every morning.
So I spend March daydreaming -- about fantasy vacations, weekend trips away, my spring and summer clothes that I KNOW are just itching for me to go up to the attic and bring them down to wear, 60 degree afternoons, spring cleaning, and the month of April.
We'll get there, I'm sure, but until then. Thank goodness we have month full of fun activities ahead.
(I actually spent a considerable time looking for a photo I took that would encapsulate the imagery and the feeling of this post. But all I could find from March last year was BVI and the year before, Las Vegas. Turns out I only take pictures of things that make me happy, which, shocking, right? Remember that whenever you look at someone's facebook photos. No one takes pictures of the shitty stuff in life.)
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment