Tuesday, September 25, 2012
(Fair) Isle Time
I am no stranger to the Fair Isle style. Having grown up in a family filled with hand-me-down sweaters, I had my fair (ha) share the eighties incarnation of this particular style. They were pretty bulky, and typically made of something itchy. But I loved them! But for the 2012 version, it seems like the style has slimmed down and gotten a bit funkier: inside-out versions? Crazy color combos? Okay!
And as far as I can tell, the residents of Fair Isle must be sitting around the clock, furiously making sweaters, because it seems like everyone has their own version of the classic fall sweater. (Sadly, I like some of the men's versions better, but that's a story for another day.) My pick is the bright blue Madewell one -- anyone have $350 to lend me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
this post makes me seriously disappointed that i no longer have any of my father's similar sweaters from the 80s.....
sigh.
Post a Comment