A couple of images from my instagram from this past weekend where we spent most of the time at RJ's parents' home, where his parents still actively hay the surrounding areas. Check out more of my pictures on instagram. My handle is ehbonisteel.
It's fascinating to step into someone else's life, someone else's family. You invariably discover that they too have their inside jokes, their family histories, their own stuff. And that's a good thing! One of the things about RJ's family is their farming background. When RJ was a kid, his family hayed 40,000 bales of hay a year. To put that into context (because I know I had to) most farms in Jefferson County around the same time were doing around 4,000 bales during a good year. Today they do much less, but it's still such an awesome thing to see. I only wish I had gotten a picture of all of the crisp dark Levis that all of the men were wearing at the family reunion. So old school.


No comments:
Post a Comment