Monday, June 25, 2012
party animal
I love parties. Surprise parties. Birthday parties. Small parties. Big parties. Holiday parties. Drinking parties. Family parties. Party parties.
I really love hosting parties, too. I think it's in part because it combines two things I really enjoy: being social and planning. It always makes me smile when people ask what I do, and when I tell them, they assume I'm an event planner. Sometimes I don't bother to correct them.
So, with that in mind: in five short days, we will be hosting a house warming party for pretty much everyone we know and like and live within a 50 miles of the house. I'm excited to share all of the work we've done, our vision for the space, and, probably most importantly, get to see everyone.
But the mental lists of things to do are already churning in my brain: lists of food, drinks, invites. Clearing out the downstairs, eek. Do we have enough chairs? Food? Will it rain like last year? Will RJ be able to convert our recycling into a bathroom in a week? (This should not really be a concern. That man is superman.)
So throughout this next week, I'm going to post a couple of things that I love about parties, and what I like to do whenever I'm in the hosting hot seat. First up: those pretty white outdoor string lights! (talk about adjectives!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment