Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sassy, Chance, & Shadow

2 comments
 


Sometimes it feels a little like Homeward Bound around here -- we have a wise and loyal older dog, a silly rescue dog,  and a prissy and vaguely anti-dog cat. So as soon as I discovered the RJ had never seen the movie, I netflixed it immediately. Because what kind of person didn't grow up wishing they grew up with Sally Field and Michael J. Fox voicing their pets inner thoughts? (Uh, probably lots, now that I think about it. MOVING ON.)

It's funny re-watching a favorite movie from childhood. My memory had kindly erased the weird sub-plots involving the kids hating their new stepfather, Chance not really feeling part of the family, or the ongoing argument between the pets as to who rules and who drools. And there were certainly times when I was thinking, c'mon movie, live up to my remembered version! Be more funny! But ultimately, I'm glad we watched it -- it showcases the peak of '90s white people fashion (think muted flannel, high waisted light jeans, lots of Laura Ashley) doesn't feature moving animal mouths, and sweetly demonstrates the love between people and their pets. Highly recommended re-watch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How could you NOT remember "Cats rule, dogs drool!"? Clearly a pivotal plot point.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff