This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:
My mom. She's my always on-call personal stylist, last-minute lunchtime snack-maker, thrifting associate, and family gossip go-to. I can't wait to be her when I grow up.
The kindness of strangers. The last two times I've gone to Starbucks, I haven't had to pay anything. Talk about making someone's day.
Our new windows. What an improvement over the leaky, bird poop-covered, bullet-riddled old ones! Plus, you can open and shut them. Always a good thing.
Those fancy instagram filters. Makes all of my silly iphone photos look like a million bucks.
My brother's advice. The guy has some pretty level-headed things to say, particularly when I am being less than level-headed. Bonus: he's slow to judge.
Our pets. All three provide such laughter, love, and affection. No matter how bad my day was, coming home and seeing them bowled over with excitement always makes me smile.
Spotify. Reinventing the way I listen to music at home, work, and in the car. Totally worth the five bucks a month.
CHRB Friday emails. Let's do this forever, okay guys? If you had told us in high school that we were going to still be this close seven years later, do you think we would have believed it? The ease in our friendship is something I never want to lose.
The deer RJ shot this morning. Finally, venison!
Brussel sprouts. Lately, I've been obsessed.
My Dad's spur of the moment meal texts. My answer to "leg of lamb. 530?" is always yes.
Maggie's liquor license. Oh lord, I don't even want to think about how things would have unfolded if we didn't get that back.
My super stylish sister. And her equally stylish boyfriend. Love you both.
Cornell. For allowing me the opportunity to rub shoulders with some truly amazing individuals. My classmates continue to inspire me to work harder, think deeper, and to really work outside of the box.
Our supersize cheese drawer in the fridge. Because sometimes nothing else fits the bill.
Each one of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. And that my grandparents imbued such a strong sense of family. We throw the best parties.
J.Crew shopping promo codes. Sorry, bank account.
RJ's family. They are some of the most honest, hardworking, kind people I have ever encountered. And they surprise us pumpkins and cupcakes.
NPR. I am a morning person only for Renee Montagne.
Volkswagen. We love our little sportwagen! Only problem: more space = more junk in the car. I'm never getting a van.
Jefferson County. Thanks for not only employing me, but also for not cutting the planning department like our neighboring counties. (And for giving the me opportunity to meet someone who's become a dear friend.) Sometimes I forget how good I have it.
Field hockey. For not only allowing me to eat whatever during my (some) college years, but also for introducing me to one of my favorite people in the whole world. Teammates for life.
Road scores. Our house is filled with stuff we find on the side of the road and I wouldn't have it any other way. One man's treasure, etc.
Reginald John. For being my adventure buddy, for laughing at my stupid puns and for always being up for a dirty martini and a game of scrabble. I am so, so lucky.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment