Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

The 2012 Olympics...& Princess Kate

0 comments
 
So, the Olympics, amirite?! Like every other person in this county, I'm suddenly interested in gymnastics, splits of swimming times, and the politics of badminton. We don't have cable (or anything, really) at home, so this means I'm hovering over my phone, watching the highlights of the games using NBC's rather terrible official 2012 London Olympics App or reading about the recaps on Twitter. I even watched some of the women's beach volleyball events to psych myself up for Monday's volleyball game. (Sadly, I am pretty much the opposite of Kerri Walsh and Misty May Treanor. Sorry, team.)

But there's also something else. It shouldn't even be note-worthy that this interests me. There is photographic evidence of my obsession. This is something that has been festering since November 2010, when they announced their engagement: Princess Kate and her awesome style. Seriously, how could you not love this:
love means coordinating polos
Or this?
practicing their own versions of "we are not amused"

OR THIS??
"Hey babe, why are you wearing an Australian pin?" "Well, why are YOU?"

I mean, my goodness.
breton stripes and navy blazers, oh my

I rest my case.
That. Hair.
And my former field hockey-playing self can't forget the publicity she did in March with the British 2012 Team:
executing the sweep, even in skinny jeans

Speaking of, did you guys see who was informally voted the hottest team of the 2012 Olympics? Yeah, field hockey. Way to represent, (the) Netherlands:


This concludes extent of the the 2012 Olympic coverage on this blog. Oh wait, one more of Kate:


Okay, okay, I'm done! Thanks for being awesome, KM.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff