Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

not for another six years

0 comments
 
Oh, hi there. Did you think I was totally into the whole blogging scene for two weeks and then got bored?

Ha, well, maybe (not! I promise). But the really, the truth is that we have been, for lack of a better phase, balls out. First it was the party. Yes, yes, you think you told us ad nauseum about how much work it was, all of the cleaning, etc, etc. So I'm not going to talk about that.

It was the week after. The oh-so-fantastic-crazy-busy-so-much-partying-omg-week-long celebration of our country's birth that really did me in. But don't get me wrong: it was truly awesome. I loved seeing all of my friends from home, friends from college, siblings from life.

But that doesn't mean the rest of the world stops and waits patiently for you to come back to reality. When the last car pulled out of the drive Sunday afternoon, RJ and I sort of slowly scanned the house and then looked at each other. Oh. My. God. we said to each other. This place (and our livers, if we're being honest) is a wreck.

So we halfheartedly attempted to clean: loading up the dishwasher, collecting trash, organizing recycling, starting the laundry.

But then that late afternoon light starting creeping across the floorboards, and we just couldn't do it anymore. We grabbed some snacks, put the dogs in the car, and headed out to the boat. Because there are only so many gorgeous summer days to be had, and this was one of them.

I loved last week, but we're not due to have another midweek July 4th until 2018. I think I can wait.



No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff