| just the "absolute essentials" |
At the encouragement of my dear friend B, I am going to share some beauty products that I use and I actually like. The "actually" part is important here, because through the move(s) I realized that I have probably oh, seven different kinds of hairspray, eleven hair shine products (most that only result in greasy-looking locks) and a whole bevy of weird make-your-hair-curl products that when used have resulted in that particular crunchy-curly hair that was so oddly popular in upstate NY circa 2003-2005. And I don't even have particularly unmanageable hair.
But I digress.
One hair product that I absolutely adore is this little baby. It's got quite the name for such a small (well, really, any hair product - ever notice how absolutely terrible those drugstore hair products names can be?) BEYOND the ZONE! ROCK ON. This conjures up a more far-out, totally-rad-dude vibe than I typically go for, but really, it's amazing. It looks like baby powder, but when you put a little on your roots and sort of scrunch it up all, your hair just puffs up. Instant big hair without lots of damaging rat-tailing and piles of hairspray! I usually end up doing a little bit of back combing just to up it a bit more.
I brought this stuff on the girls' trip to Vegas, and we all ROCKed ON.
Giving credit where credit is due, I was informed of this magical stuff by the great Jane Marie: http://thehairpin.com/2011/09/the-big-hair-tutorial/
No comments:
Post a Comment