Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sticky Fingers

0 comments
 
boats and tunics and pink nails, oh my


Early this spring I was lusting after J.Crew’s “fanfare” print. It seemed like an ideal summer purchase, and I adored the print. J.Crew said it was "inspired by a bold print our designers spotted on a shirtdress from the '60s, this one-of-a-kind pattern puts a fresh spin on the chic shift." Yes, yes, I was sold.


And then I came back and started noticing that Kate Spade had a very similar pattern when they unveiled their swim wear for the summer. What copycats, I thought! But then I looked at their information on the pattern: "we've long admired the graphic prints (and colorful personality) of Australian artist Florence Broadhurst. this season, we've adorned our all-purpose bon shopper with broadhurst's iconic fingers pattern, making it the perfect carryall for all your sunny day adventures."












Wait, what? There's an actual person attached to this credit? How novel. Way to bum me out, J. Crew.  Below: Florence Broadhurst's fingers pattern on the left, Kate Spade's credited version on the right.









No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff