Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

2 comments
 
pro tip: move these off the stairs before one of your pets exuberantly runs up the stairs and breaks one of the jars 

These are just a few of the jars I found in the back of a barn in Lafargeville. (Don't ask. Please.) I stumbled upon them while going through various barn things, and when I saw them, I gasped: there were so many! It was as if I had found the goose that laid the golden eggs, I swear. They were old, fully intact, and some were even blue. Quickly enlisting our friend Tom's children to help me on my mission, I gathered up as many as I could find. I probably ended up with 50 jars. Hooray!!

So what does one with with a vast amount of glasswear?

Google "mason jars crafts", "mason jar pinterest" or even "mason jar hipster" (my favorite result being this) and you could probably find a million and a half super crafty, creative, artsy, wonderful things to do with these things.

I am not particularly crafty, creative, or artsy. I used them for tradition purposes, mostly: moving my dry goods from their ugly cardboard containers and putting them in these nice glass jars.And now I am a teensy bit afraid that my kitchen looks like Grandma's Kountry Kitchen, but I am sure as hell not putting all of that flour back in to the bag it came in.

Anyhow, I plan on using these for the party -- probably to put candles in them. It's hard to tell from this picture, but these are the short, stumpy ones that don't have a lot of room to store stuff in. It's a cheap and easy way to make things look fancy (just don't tell anyone that I found them in the back of a barn).

2 comments:

blue roses said...

candles, berry jam, homemade guacomole, honey..... the storing possibilities are endless! they could also house all of those extra buttons that come with clothes..... or just be filled with bits of broken costume jewelry that you can always find at antique shops and put on display to catch the light somewhere.

great find.

Unknown said...

LOVE the idea of storing broken costume jewelry, L. I never know what to do with that stuff and I cringe at the thought of throwing it away.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff